By: Justina Urbanski
What you will need:
4 16oz Salmon Fillets (with or without skin)
1/4 cup of Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice (approx. 2)
1/2 cup Cilantro Finely Chopped
3tbs Season Salt
1tbs Garlic Salt
For the Topping:
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
3tbs Fresh Ground Black Pepper
3tbs Soy Sauce
3tbs Triple Sec (or another orange flavored liquor)
Peanut or Olive Oil (to coat the bottom of the pan)
1. Combine orange juice, cilantro,1tbs season salt, 1tbs pepper, and 1/2tbs garlic salt. Set aside.
2. Rinse salmon clean. Season with the remaining salts and pepper.
3. Marinate in orange juice blend 1-2 hours in the refrigerator then 30 minutes at room temperature.
4. Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, black pepper set aside.
5. Heat enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan on medium high heat.
6. Coat the presentation (skinless) side with the sugar pepper mixture.
7. When the oil is hot place the fish sugar side down cook approximately 3min.
8. To deglaze the pan leave the fish sugar side down and then add soy sauce and triple sec. Swirl the pan just by holding the handle and moving careful not to burn yourself in a circle motion for a min.
9. Then flip fish cook another 2 min on medium low heat. Sauce will thicken.
10. Turn off heat leave in pan or put on a serving dish. Serve hot drizzle with sauce.
Satisfying Sauteed Vegetable
1 Red Bell Pepper
1Green Bell Pepper
1Yellow Bell Pepper
2 Green Zucchini
1/2 Red Onion
To Taste Salt and Pepper
1. Clean and cut vegetables into 2in sticks or julienned.
2. Heat butter medium heat
3. Season and the saute in pan until heated though, light brown, but still with a little crunch. 4. Taste season again if needed. Serve hot.
Steamy White Rice
2 cups White Rice
2 cups Water
1. Place rice in a strainer run water over it and run your hand through it about 3 times.
2. Let dry for 30 min
3. Combine rice and water bring to a simmer over high heat. Cover reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for 15min.
4. Then reduce to low heat do not remove lid for another 5min.
5. Turn of heat let it rest for another 5min do not remove lid.
6. Fluff with a fork add butter and salt and pepper if you prefer.